RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant
The Son of Neptune - Rick Riordan I'M FINALLY FINISHED WITH THE AUDIO!!! AND NOW I WANT THE NEXT BOOK SO BAD!

"Let me introduce you to my other family." Ohmy... if that isn't one hell of a cliff hanger, I don't know what it is.

I always tell ALL of my friends that Percy Jackson is such a great series. Now I can proudly say that HEROES OF OLYMPUS is the bomb!!

In here, we follow three characters again... Percy, Frank and HAZEL (ahem, my name!!! I can't tell you how happy this made me). Of course, Percy was switched with Jason so the setting starts at the Roman camp. Percy comes in without his memory. I mean, he does have some but they were all about Annabeth. I like it that eventually, little by little, he remembers something. He meets Hazel and Frank, two unlikely heroes. Hazel, sister of Nico (yes.. mah boy Nico is here too! and he's badaaass! REALLY BADASS!!) has a big secret about her life ... or should I say... NEW LIFE. On the other hand, Frank who's clumsy and cute in his own way, finds out about his imminent death via a stick. Yes, they all have some form of baggage yet they make an unlikely camaraderie.

I am now confused with gods' Roman and Greek names but that's fine. They go again to a nearly impossible quest. It's really good that I don't see them as kids now in my mind. Now, when I close my eyes, I imagine fully grown teenagers and I like it. The impossibility of their quest just made them stronger and wiser.

I love it that Percy was friendly to them right away. He's still the best character for me. I also love him because he's always the "strong" and "sarcastically funny" one. I really hope that he gets back with Annabeth right away and never lets go of each other. I dunno bout you guys but I figured, maybe Mr. Riordan is now becoming more romantic. He even made a love triangle out of nowhere. Sam (ex-boyfriend of Hazel) looking a lot like LEO my fire darlin? Ohgosh. I'm betting that Leo's a great great great grandson of Sam. Wouldn't that be weird? See Frank? Don't worry much!

Anyway... I'm so glad that October's just around the corner. I can wait patiently for a month. :)