RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant
At Peace (The 'Burg, #2) - Kristen Ashley ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

In case you were wondering, that's 30 stars. Why give 30 stars? Umm, because I just can.

Seriously, what is it with KA novels that make me finish it within a day?

I've been jumping from one book to another for days. Suddenly, I just loaded one of my KA back ups (yea, I call it back up since I ALWAYS like, love or adore her books..it's like A SURE FIRE) and surprise! WHADDYA KNOWWW I FINISHED IT AND I LOVEEE ITTT (ugh i'm such a sarcastic girllyy).

I TOTALLY ADORE JOE! IF I CAN JUST PUT MY REVIEW IN ALL CAPS FOR HIM.. I WOULD. But it'll be weird. So no.
I love him because even if he was a frikkin asshole at first, he made up for it. He paid it all off. I love him because he's sweet to those two AWESOME TEENS that Vi have. After they got together, he was always there for Vi and her family. It's like he was able get an automatic family and darn if he didn't fit right into that perfect picture.

Vi on the other hand, hmmm.. let's just say that she just grew on me. Mostly, I just love her for what she does for Joe and her kids. Outside of that, I'm not her biggest fan. I get that what she's been through was really really hard and she didn't need another hard, fucked up thing in her life... but hey, she would've done well without the JOE WHILE MIKE thing.

What happened to them was not a stroll to Disneyland. It was a really bumpy ride. Death is not an easy subject. I sometimes even shy away from novels that has a "dead husband" or a "dead wife" on it. But this one's good. It makes the reader feel that yes, love and loss will happen, but there's a ray of sunshine out there. World's only over when you say and you believe that it is.

Anyway, the story is good. It made me happy since again, this is KA we're talking about. She's my BEST PAL WHEN IT COMES TO GIVING HAPPY ENDINGS. I'm tellin y'all! She's just plain awesome with stories. I'm even holding back on reading the rest of her books since I know that days like these would come. Days like one book cannot hold my attention for 2 minutes.

So there. I had a blast reading about Joe and Vi's bizarre-affair-lie-set up turned full-blown-happily-ever-after PLUS TWO OF THE COOLEST TEENS IN FICTION LAND. ^_^