RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant
Ashen Winter - Mike Mullin Time to post my review... :)

I have to say...this has been an exhaustingly beautiful read. I abandoned it for quite sometime because I was really getting too involved with the characters... is that weird?

I was emotionally invested from the start since I truly loved the first book. It's even hard for me to place a spoiler-free review.

The plot was GREATLY WOVEN. I don't know where Mr. Mullin gets his ideas, but he's just pure genius. I never know what's gonna happen next. I usually don't like surprises, but in this case... I liked them. Although they made me cry, want to throw the book around in my room (too bad it's an ebook! ha! ) and frustated... I liked the fact that at times, those surprises made me laugh. There were also times wherein I just had to breathe a little because the scene was becoming gore-ish . I even find my self smiling in relief that a person died (well, if that person was an epitome of badness, I guess he/she deserve it!). Some scenes were even ironic.

The story was quite heart breaking, but you have to appreciate the fact that whatever these kids had been through, they were able to make it together and that's where I love the author so much more. Thanks for not killing one of the two main characters! I knew you weren't the morbid type, Mr. Mullin! ^_^

As I always, always say... I love happy endings. Ashen Winter didn't exactly end with happy fireworks... and still, I loved it. I just had to love the fact that after I've cried a bucket, smiled and felt a dozen of emotions, it finally ended and I'm satisfied.

Does this have a next book? If it does, I won't be complaining. ;p

I'm giving this an emotional five-star score. Anyone who loved Ashfall would surely love this installment. It's not your typical teen story... it's not even your typical dystopian novel... but it's awesome.

Once again, I have Netgalley to thank for lending me this wonderful book. I'm a lucky lucky girl. :D

-----------------------

previous rave: Was I excited or what? LOL

I.AM.GONNA.DIE.IF.I.GET.TURNED.DOWN.BY.NETGALLEY
but eventually, i'll rise from the ashes once i get this on October..^_^
just saying

UPDATE: JUST 5 HOURS AFTER REQUESTING THE BOOK, I WAS APPROVED!! I WASSS SOO APRRROOVEEDDD!!!!!! I LOVE YOU NETGALLEY!!

yay!!!!!