RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant
Undeniable (Undeniable, #1) - Madeline Sheehan 3.5 stars

A lot of people liked this and I undestand why. It's downright raw and it will definitely stir lots of emotions from a reader.

I was introduced to the world of bikers in Kristen Ashley's books. I loved it, even though I still don't undestand most of the things that goes on in motorcycle clubs. Since I liked KA's books with bikers, I decided to look for more books like that. That's what lured me to this book.

The plot is very one tracked. It all revolved around two people, Deuce and Eva. This story tells us about their journey to a not so perfect happy ending. Looking for one helluvan age gap? you'll find it here. Honestly, it didn't matter to me. They both had tough personalities and frankly, the events that happened to them blurrs out the age difference.

I admit that it was so weird reading about the timeline of this story. I think it spanned 18-20 years and in such a short novel, let's just say that things got pretty overwhelming to me.

From what I understood in this novel, Eva just wanted one man since she was five. Hers and Deuces's connection was already there at such a young age that it was so natural for me to expect that they'll be together in the end. Well, they did get together, but there were many obstacles.. and when I say many, I REALLY MEAN MANY. Life in MC's are just so effed up that I think I was mostly shell shocked in each turn of events. Both characters are imperfect, but I really thought that once they get together, everything will be fine. Sadly, it didn't.

If you've been reading a lot of my reviews, you'd know that I'm not a fan of cheating. Deuce here still kinda cheated when he was already with Eva and that didn't sit well with me. I couldn't... still can't understand why he had to use other women when he obviously had the one he loved. Nevermind that he was very very rude to Eva in many scenes, nevermind that he was being such a he-man in a lot of scenes, the thing that I just can't get over with is the cheating.

I don't regret reading this. I won't be reading this kind of a heavy plot again any time soon, but I don't regret it. It's even an eye opener for me for the most part.

Maybe, I oughta read biker novels which are lighter than this. . . preferrably with minimal to none cheating.