RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant
Thin Ice - Liana Laverentz This is one seriously long novel. I finished it after 5 long days. It probably would have been better if it weren't a very long one. I'm not a big fan of hockey, and yet I enjoyed reading about it.

Eric is not hard to love. At first, he was just a lonely man who came home to an empty house and had a really bad luck, but when he met Emily it's like he found his purpose. Even though his job is a violent one, he was still gentle to Emily. It doesn't also hurt that he is a sweet man. Emily on the other hand, is a woman who lost her trust on men. She has a long history with abusive men and she didn't want to be burned again. It took a very long time for Eric to gain her trust. I admit that I was losing my patience with her distrustful character. Fortunately, she had a good support system. She had many friends who advised her to follow her heart and to stand up for herself.

In the end, they were able to iron things out and they had their happy ending.

I'm quite happy because this novel showed that a love story between a sports professional and a normal everyday person can be imperfectly perfect.

If you want a nice read about hockey and the journey of a woman who was abused, this one's for you.