RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant
Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1) - Abbi Glines WHOA!

First off, I put off reading this because in all honesty, I don't like cliff hangers. I loathe them so I try my best to stay away from them.

As it turns out, I made the right decision. I read this with the thought in mind that I'm gonna be reading the next book right away since it's already available.

Anyway, I thought that this was gonna be a really hot, intense and fun read. Well, IT IS hot and intense.. just not that fun.

The plot revolves around a girl who lost everyone she loves and went to her estranged father to perhaps make a good start for herself. She got so much more though. More so that she was heart stricken by then end. Rush, the guy who's so... mean to her and so... obsessed with her, managed to lie to her and ruin the two of them in the end.

This novel is definitely hot. Both the main guy and main girl were so hot and bothered by one another. I know it doesn't have the pov of the guy, but he sure shows that he's quite obsessed. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't very good too. The girl came across as the badass at first. I was hoping for more resistance coming from her, and yet she just gave into him... even begged him for it.

Some of the ever other things that I disliked:

> They were INSTANTLY attracted to each other. It happened so fast. Too fast for my taste.
> Rush is a confusion of BAD, GOOD, BAD, RESPONSIBLE, BAD, SWEET, BAD again. LOL.. I was getting a whiplash with his change of moods.
> In the end, I concluded that Blaire is a girl who's truly trying to be independent.... but she just can't make it. She's constantly being helped by other people and it was clear that she's not the badass gun-shooting girl that I thought she was. She kinda let me down. :(
> THE BIGGEST SECRET ISN'T REALLY THAT BIG TO ME... I mean, what's so wrong with it? Yes, it is a problem, but did they really have to blow it out of proportions? All that secrets and lies for just one uppity bitch of a spoiled brat called Nan? So you didn't have a dad for years... booohooo PRINCESS! Your frikkin brother keeps on treating you like a fragile kid and you have everything else that a girl could wish for. WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA??!!

LOL

Frankly, I thought that the BIG SECRET was something like.. I dunno.. INCEST maybe? Well that would've been sooooo sick and GINORMOUS for a problem.

Anyway, I still finished it because I am truly intrigued on what'll happen to these tow fictional people.

And yes, If I were one of those people who read this when it first came out, I would've flooded Ms. Glines' inbox for her to release the next one. Just saying.

I love Ms. Glines, I really do.. she gave me my Dank... and I would really read her next books. Maybe this one just didn't work out for me the way it did for lots of people.