RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant
The Collector - Victoria Scott 3.5

Good story... pretty hateful character, although he was redeemed.

The story is all about the battle of HEAVEN AND HELL.

ANGELS AND DEMONS, YES.

Dante is a... hot demon.

I didn't like Dante for the bigger part of this book. He's an ass, a jerk, a cocky SOB. He's always sure of himself and very much willing to show others that he's better. To be fair, I think it's also because of his job that he became one like that and near the end, he turned around and saw things in a new light.

Charlie on the other hand, is a very good, very nice girl. She's Dante's target, unfortunately. Dante tricks her into signing a soul contract, which by the way, is still unresolved. I was kinda turned off by Charlies's character at one point. With all the drinking and the insecurities, I couldn't help but feel like she's so naive. I know, I sound mean... but yeah, I had some inkling that she's kinda insecure because of Dante. Oh well.. I guess, since this book is all about Dante.. why not be beautiful and all for him eh?

I just find it hard to accept that they fell in love in less than 10 days. meh! Gimme a month and I can let it pass up.. but ten days? Honey, I can't even figure out if a guy snores given that time constraint... unless I'm a stalker. LOL.. Insta love here? Worked for me for about 40%.

I'm still happy because the plot is very good, for a first book in a series that is. I know that there's a lot more to Charlie's soul. I even think that the other side got it from Dante just before the final hurrah. Oh well, that's a story for another time. And yes, I'd still read the next one.