RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant
Strings - Kendall Grey I WILL NEVER EVER READ THIS BOOK NOW BECAUSE THE AUTHOR HAS BADLY DISRESPECTED READERS.

I just got a glimpse of this book last week and honestly, it didn't cross my mind to read it just yet. That's what I do. I pass by so many books and go back to pick it up later. However, in this case, I won't be second-glancing this book.

A friend of mine just alerted me about what's been happening. Apparently, the author (drunk, high OR NOT) posted a very disturbing blog post that bashes authors of eroticas and readers.

Her exact words were posted here in Ms. Lauren Dane's blog:

>>>INTERNET POSTS LAST FOREVER<<<

I copied some parts because I REALLY REALLY WANT TO ANSWER HER HURTFUL WORDS!

Apparently, they have something there. Readers generally (don’t throw stones—I’m referring to the masses here, not individuals) don’t want art either. They want easily digestible, bite-sized nuggets of warm fuzzies. They want simplicity. Art is neither easily digestible (you sometimes have to chew on it for days to filter meaning from it) nor simple.

--->YES, I FEEL WARM FUZZIES WHENEVER I READ EROTICAS, HELL, I LIKED FIFTY SHADES! BUT HEY, THAT'S ALSO HOW I FELT WHEN I READ ABOUT PERCY JACKSON'S FIRST KISS WITH ANNABELLE AND THAT'S THE EXACT FEELING THAT I HAD WHEN I READ ABOUT ARWEN AND ARAGORN'S LOVE STORY AND LEMME TELL YOU, I CHEWED ON THOSE BOOKS FOR DAYS AND DAYS AND SOME MORE DAYS!!! CLUE IN. THE FACT THAT A BOOK GAVE ME WARM FUZZIES WAS PROOF ENOUGH THAT TO ME, THAT IS ALREADY AN ART!

For us artists who want or need to make a living at writing, there is a silver lining. Once you’ve done your part to feed the reader machine, and you get paid ridiculous amounts of money for publicly shaming yourself and lowering your standards, you’ll be armed with the power to write what you want. Once you’ve built your readership, there’s a good chance many of your readers will follow you into your preferred, artsy-fartsy genre because they like you. Yes, you may have to compromise and write more sell-out books along the way to feed YOUR machine, but the beauty is that you can do BOTH and make it work.

----->UNFORTUNATELY, MADAM GREY, I AM A PART OF THE READER MACHINE AND I CHOOSE TO NEVER EVER READ ANY OF YOUR BOOKS, ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT YOU PUBLICLY SHAMED YOURSELF AND LOWERED YOUR STANDARDS FOR (you know, since you don't even appreciate your own work, hell, you basically trash talked your own book). YOU INDIRECTLY HURT ME AS A READER AND I'LL NEVER FORGET THIS.