RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant
Trying to Score (Assassins, #2) - Toni Aleo I think I like the first one better.

Don't get me wrong, I liked this too. It's just that I'm wondering.. Is there a pattern here? Am I supposed to hate the heroine and then love the hero?

Gawd.. I totally hated Fallon. Though it's understandable that she became UNTRUSTING, INSECURE and such a LIAR (by omission)... there were just some scenes wherein she was soooo infuriating! Scenes wherein she was such a selfish bitch. Pardon my language.. but it's just true! I'm just glad that she was the one who made a move in the end. My Lucas needed that gesture!

Now, the hero wasn't perfect too. He used to be an alcoholic/pill popper. But he tried to change everything for Fallon. I love it that he did all he could. He wanted to beat their bad history and I'm glad that he didn't give up. I'm also glad that their "bad history" wasn't really true.. even though it kept them apart for so long... I'd like to believe that it made their characters more believable.

The plot was good.. I had fun reading this. There were so many funny parts especially when it came to Lucas. Even though I just hated the heroine most of the time, her scenes with Lucas were truly awesome. It was just when she was alone and when she's having these very long monologues that I hated her so much.

I hope that the next one would be better. :)