RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant

Just Call Me Ninja

Just Call Me Ninja - Clare Haltom An ARC was given to me in exchange for an honest review.

This review can also be seen here on our blog: Musings of the book-a-holic Fairies, inc.

The titled enticed me to request for this book.

I am a fan of Naruto and I'm proud to say that I know all of the Ninja terminologies used in this book thanks to that anime/manga. The premise of secretly having Ninjas in school is refreshing to me. There must be many books with the same theme, but to me, this one's a first.

Although I would gladly say that I liked the book, I know it's not everyone's cuppa. This is where I can help you.

Here are some questions:

1. Do you like Naruto?
2. Do you like action?
3. Do you like mystery?
4. Are you okay with YA?
5. Are you okay with reading the drama that is high school?
6. Do you want to take a break and try reading something new?

If your answers are mostly yes, then you're all set. ^_^

This story is about a girl named Callista who's kinda lost in life. She and her mom keeps on moving over and over again. Then suddenly, she finds her way into a secret society of ninjas and gets mixed up in their world. Little did she know that her sudden incorporation to the ninja society would turn her world upside down. She goes on the biggest adventure of her life. Along the way, she meets Nick who's also a bit of a mystery to me. He's always nice to her and helps her in tough times. The attraction is there, as well as the secrets. There's also Aaron who somehow confuses me with his bad boy persona because sometimes, it's just the opposite. It's also weird because at times, I even wish that he's the love interest of Callista. ;)

The plot is kind of simple at first. A bit corny, if you're not really into the "ninja" business. It's funny too, because I honestly thought that the plot was kind of like the Princess Diaries. Boy was I so wrong. Anyway, what I like most about this is that it's a slow build to an amazing finish. The ending, albeit still full of mystery, is action packed and also has that jaw dropping revelation.

I normally hate cliffhangers, but this book just makes me feel excited for the sequel. I want to be enlightened about so many things.

I truly can't wait for the next book!

RATING: 4 fairy wings!