RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant

Earth

Earth - Jessica Frances EARTH is one book that we humans shouldn't miss.

What if aliens suddenly decide to rid us of our planet because we're not taking proper care of it?

An ARC was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.
This review can also be seen here:
Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc.

This is a story of two races that collide and make one hell of a universal mess. It's a story about chances, forgiveness, friendship and survival.

MARDUKE AND MATTIE

Marduke is from planet Oden. He's smart, strong and loyal to his family. Well, he was loyal until he meets Mattie. Mattie is an admirable girl with a strong personality. She's a girl who plays basketball and goes hunting with her dad. Yeah, she's a tomboy and that makes her a great survivor in the tragedy that came to the Earth. She's so strong, but of course there's a softness to all that hardness in her personality. That's where Marduke comes in. However, Marduke is from another planet. A planet that wants to invade Earth. Mattie is from Earth. Needless to say, it poses a big problem. I rooted for their relationship though. I like how their love story wasn't really hurried up. It was gradual (in my opinion). They were so sweet, thinking of each other in each other's POV. I enjoyed reading about how they started caring for each other. It's cute and lovable, though I am also thankful because the story didn't really revolve only on their love story.

LISA AND HANK

Lisa and Hank are good people. They didn't leave Mattie alone and they were there through and through. In a world full of chaos, I want my own Lisa and Hank. It doesn't even matter to me that I could be a third wheel. They are so loyal. :) These two characters make this book more interesting too. Their love story is kinda inspirational. I hope that in the future books, they'll have what they want for their future. :)

THE OTHER CHARACTERS

I must say, the antagonists here have their own unique characteristics. I could almost touch the ummm... robots. I could also almost pull the hair of Marduke's brother.. Well, I want to, that is. LOL. The kids also made the book interesting. Running with another small child is very risky and it upped the danger for these characters, thus making it more thrilling. All of them made the book really exciting and also colorful. I wish to see more characters in the next book.

ACTION PACKED STORY

This book is indeed full of action. It was like watching a movie. There's action at every turn. I wasn't bored, not for even one second! It's a really awesome ride!

WHAT'S MORE EXCITING HERE

THE PROMISE OF TRAVELLING TO OTHER PLANETS. I love the fact that Marduke explains his own heritage. I really like it that he came from another world. I love that this book promises great things. I am so excited to see more planets and more places.

WHAT I LEARNED

APPRECIATE WHAT WE HAVE RIGHT NOW. Think first before doing things that can destroy not only our environment, but also our own bodies. What struck me most here is the hesitancy of Marduke to do/eat things that he knows are bad for his body or environment. His planet actually has a point in capturing the Earth. I don't have to be an environmentalist or nutritionist to know that we humans are doing more damage than good to the Earth right now. This is why I was kind of ashamed by my own bad habits. I think this book managed to guilt me into lessening (since I'm not sure if I can give it up altogether) some bad stuff that I do to myself and to the environment.

WHAT I WANT TO SEE NEXT

I want to see what they will do to humans and I want to see more of other planets. I also want to see other POVs. This is bizarre because I usually hate having many POVs. I don't know... I just want to see what Hank and Lisa think. :)

When I was reading this, it felt real. I felt as if this could really happen. Now, I kinda don't want to drink soda anymore, or eat junk/ fast foods. It has life lessons for humans. This should really be made into a movie! It deserves all the applause! The author is damn good for making me feel that this book could be true someday.

I am definitely lucky to have read this book in advance. I want to read the next one ASAP.. LIKE NOW!! :)