RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant

Oden

Oden - Jessica Frances ODEN..

*sigh*

I can't believe it's over. I have followed Mattie's and Marduke's love, adventure and hardships from the start. It feels like they're real people to me. It's been a bitter sweet ride for me, but I wouldn't exchange it for the world.

Let's try to break it down...

THE STORY and what it did to THE CHARACTERS

In Oden, our characters experience, dark despair. Everything seemed hopeless and dire. We start off with a... DROP. I don't think this is a big spoiler, so yeah.. They pick up where we left off from the last book. Once Mattie and the other reaches Oden... BAM! ACTION STRAIGHT AWAY!! Their journey to being free of monsters started wayyyy more intense that I even expected. The way the author wrote such vivid descriptions of battle areas is very, very good. I wanted them all out of harm's way that I even shouted loudly at 3 A.M. in the morning. There were just some scenes wherein I couldn't hold it on... I believe my exact words were "Run, run, run, run!!! FASTTTEEERRR!!!" LOL. Anyway, from thereon, they dodge complications. Mind you, there were so many complications... bad creatures, uber bad villains, bad situations, bad treatment by friends. In short... it was a disaster. Our characters remained strong through it all. I daresay that the characters' attitude here are more realistic than ever.

As always, I love Mattie's back bone. She is THE HEROINE here. You will no doubt admire her strength and the way she uses her past trainings. Their adventure in Earth and Roth has left her with an iron clad will and it suits her. I still love how protective she is of Marduke and I love it more that she's thinking more of other people rather than just herself.

Fighting for their lives has left them being painfully honest. Everything was revealed. Marduke for one, his identity has been revealed to everyone here. I like how he handled it. I like that after everything, he still focuses on Mattie albeit, at some point, I doubted that he'd choose Mattie over his people. Marduke may not be the most alpha guy around, but he does have his priorities straight. He wants Mattie, that's it and that's that. I love how one tracked his mind is.

You also better watch out for the other characters. I still hate Marduke's brother with all my heart. Some would surprise you in a good way, some in bad, but no matter what... I think they are all an integral part of this story. I personally love Hannah because her reaction is that of a real sister. I felt like she's real and her actions are what a real person would do. She even made me cry at one point and I don't know why. I'm a tad disappointed in Lisa... but I guess her reactions are also that of a real human being. It's understandable. Hank on the other hand... didn't have much participation in this book, but I'm still glad to have seen a glimpse of him.

Mattie and Marduke both GREW MORE in this book. I am so frustrated that I can't tell you exactly what happened to them because that would spoil it all for you guys. Just trust me when I say, you'd be amazed with their resilience. You'd be shocked, heart broken and so happy for them in the end. I don't love what happened to them, but I like it that they were tested until the end. Of course, I love it more that they were still able to have their happily ever after. YES DARLINGS, THIS ENDS WITH A HAPPY ENDING, SO YOU BETTER READ THE WHOLE TRILOGY!!!

HOW IT ENDED AND AM I SATISFIED?

Dude. Of course I am satisfied with the way this book ended. It ended the way it has to. I didn't see it coming, but I think it's fitting. Once again, IT HAS A HAPPY ending. The entire ending is a blur of sad, battle-worn out emotions.. It's mingled with the victory they achieved because of our dear characters. The wait though... that was delicious. I swear.. It is. It really is. You'd understand once you read it. ^_^

WHAT I WANT AFTER THIS

I want even just a short glimpse of their future. SPOILER ALERT, HIGHLIGHT AT YOUR OWN RISK: I WANT TO SEE THEM HAVE A BABY... I WAS SO SAD FOR THEM... BUT I THINK I WOULD BE SUPER APPEASED IF I SEE THEM REALLY HAVE THEIR RILEY.
/end of spoiler

I want more alien books from this author. Since she's so good at creating her characters, I wish that she'd create a variety of them. I want hotter aliens, more alpha men and more kickass girls. I would also like some girly-girls. :)

All in all.. I am definitely giving this a 5. I recommend this series to those who'd like a new take on the ALIEN-HUMAN love. I recommend this to those who want lots of action, a tinge of drama and lots and lots of adventure!

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.