RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant

After Math

After Math - Denise Grover Swank Oh! The drama this book has will make your head turn, but it will also make your heart feel all fluttery!

So glad I read this before my year ends!

Tucker and Scarlett's story is not the kind that has hearts and flowers, but it sure felt like that.

This is another book with an academic woman and a sporty man as the main characters. It's good, but it's not as light as the ones that I have read before and believe me, I am a big sucker for nerd/geek books which means I've read lots.

Maybe that's why this story became refreshing to me.

It started out light and kind of mysterious with a hint of fun on the side. The characters didn't do the love at first sight thingy that most readers don't like seeing. This is a slow build up and it gets better because you'll relish their interaction as friends. It's nice to read about. When the drama starts unfolding, it made me stop and think. I remember asking myself, do I want to continue because it sounded so deep.

I didn't want to hate the characters, so I was willing to just let it go... but the curiosity got the best of me.

I held on for the ride that is Tucker's and Scarlett's relationship. Okay so maybe I also held on because I didn't want to be a coward and not face the characters' problems. Haha!

Anyway, my holding on is all worth it because I read how the characters resolved their issues. It's imperfect, it's gritty, but it gets to you. It sure got to me.

This is a story about being true to what you really want, finding, realizing and grabbing on to what you truly deserve along the way.

It's good, I tell ya. It's imperfect, but it's good.

P.S. There are a lot of awwwwww-gosh moments here. Just saying. :)