RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant

The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns

The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns - Chris Colfer BITTER SWEET

Those are two words that can describe this novel fully.

After days and days, I finally managed to finish listening to the audiobook. woot!

The story? It's good, it's awesome, it's actually great! However, I'm quite skeptic regarding the ending.

You see, both characters grew here literally and figuratively. When they were faced with the challenge of saving not only one world, but two, they didn't back down. They were only kids for crying out loud! I so love their adventure this time because they went to more places and met more people. Gosh! There were many twists and turns... like the harp and the beanstalk, the little mermaid, the 8th dwarf and Beauty. awwww... I swear I can see them clearly in my head. :) Chris Colfer's voice is just.. wow! It makes you imagine another world in front of you.

The ending is a little... tearful. Although I am sure that this is not the end of Connor and Alex's adventure, I was still in the verge of crying.:( It's just... so sad. :( I'm still looking forward to their next adventure. I'll always look forward to it no matter what.

FAVE CHARACTER: RED (I just had a blast because of her retorts! ahaha)
I also love how this novel clearly stated that fairy tale characters aren't perfect. They have flaws and they also slip up here and there. Most of all, I love how this book stated that it's better to know when to apologize. It's a very good moral to have at the end of the day.

I definitely recommend this to kids and kids at heart. :)