RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant

Reaper's Legacy

Reaper's Legacy - Joanna Wylde DAMN GOOD.

I can't believe how much I missed biker books. Ruger and Sophie's book blew me away. This book is both hot and cold. Hot because the characters have such passion that they can burn the house down, cold because in the biker world, you need to be cold to survive.

The plot kinda straightforward. It wasn't beautiful. In fact, it's dirty. haha. Yes, there were a of dirty words thrown here and there... But what do we really expect in a biker book? What you see is what you get here. There's not a lot of mystery in this book, but it's still very interesting. Their back story is so strong that there's no way the characters wouldn't be so connected. I love how Ruger can be such a he-man, and yet so gentle to a kid. He was very adamant at first that he's not that one-woman-man, but eventually, he was able to commit. I love how he was so determined in making Sophie and her son's life better. It was kinda weird knowing that his brother was the one who knocked up Sophie, but I got over it. Sophie on the other hand, is a typical girl. She fell in love early, got pregnant early, got the wrong brother apparently and made do with the plate she was handed. Being thrust into a motorcycle club isn't a walk on a park. Sophie very much worried about this. I like her character because honestly, how she reacts is how I would react in most situations given here. She's so... real-ish. I totally got where she was coming from. I was backing her up in my imagination when she was resisting Ruger. She and I, as a reader, knew what she deserved and that's what she got.

This book shows that sometimes, even when things started out to be oh so wrong, it can still have a happy ending. Needless to say, I love the ending. It's very good and I love it. :)

More, more, more, more, more please!!! ^_^