RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant

Knockout

Knockout - Tracey  Ward Well that was so very exhausting and frustrating.

I hate cheaters. In a way, the hero here sort of cheated since he was the boyfriend of the heroine's sister first.

It was so weird reading this. I didn't like what was happening, but I also couldn't put it down. I had to know what will happen.

To be honest, I think the hero is a douche. Even though he has his reasons for being the way he is, it doesn't erase the fact that he, in some ways, ran over the two sisters. If only he's been honest from the start. :(

The heroine on the other hand, was not a push over for everybody else, but for Kellen (the hero), she'll do jist about anything. -_- He could do no wrong in her eyes. Oh well, the power of love, attraction and all that jazz. lol

I think the best part here is Jenna's strong sense of self decision when it comes to art. I love that scene wherein she brought her art work to a tattoo shop and asked if she could work there to mop floors and all. She was willing to do just about anything and I admire that.

Now about their love story... It was sooooo slow. I wanted to stop altogether because just when I thought things were going their way, someone interrupts, something happens or the guy runs. -_- It was annoying and so very frustrating.

It's pages and pages and lots more pages after when they finally get together, but by that time, I was already pissed at the guy because he was giving the other sister false hopes. I'm not saying that he should stay with the wrong sister. I'm saying that if he didn't blow it out of proportions ans jist admitted the truth in the first place, then their situation would not have become as messy as it is.

It's a bit disappointing though that this book didn't revolve much around boxing the way I thought it would. I mean they dropped a few terminologies and names, but the fighting scenes were too few.

Anyway, all in all, this book could have been better had the charactera handled the situation with more grace.