RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant

A Perfect Moment (Perfect, #1)

A Perfect Moment (Perfect, #1) - Becca Lee First, I'd like to extend my biggest thanks to the author for providing me an ARC copy of this book.

This review can also be seen on our blog Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies

Secondly, I'd like to point out that ARC's always make me nervous. There's just something about it that screams "Don't screw this up!". However, I shouldn't have been nervous with regards this book. It has that comfy feel that everything will go right for the story. :)

Alright, now here we go with the review...

THE MAIN CHARACTERS:

COLORFUL. Cliche, I know, but it's true. Preston and Ella are just perfectly made for each other. They make the life of the other more fun and interesting.

Ella is the kind of woman that comes out strongly. She doesn't get easily fazed and she can handle herself. She's funny and she's a good friend. On the other hand, Preston is charming, helpful and just so into Ella for the longest time that you can't help but just love him too!

THE PLOT:

I think the title is spot on. Two people who have known each other for the longest time suddenly find themselves in THAT zone. The attraction zone, the like/live zone. It's amazing, how the people who had little to do with your life at first, becomes such a big part in A PERFECT MOMENT.
That's what Ella and Preston have.

Preston is the younger brother of Jo, Ella's best friend. In Ella's book, THAT is a big complication, added to the fact that they became friends in the past years. She didn't want to ruin that. She wanted to remain friends with him, but of course... Preston wasn't really up for that. He was determined to show Ella how good they can be for each other. It's good to read about this guy who's doing everything he can to win the love of his life. :)

WHAT MAKES IT MORE INTERESTING:

The mystery surely made this book more interesting. I'd like to say that it also brought the characters closer. I tried to figure the identity of the culprit, but for the life of me, I just couldn't... not until the end.

WHAT YOU SHOULD LOOK FORWARD TO:

Their banters. The way they talk to each other is just refreshing. Ella may say that it's bad for their friendship that they get together, but I bet to disagree. It's very good that they were already friends to begin with because they are comfortable with each other. Well, comfortable and cute. ;)

The hilarity. Ella and her bff, Jo just cracks me up in the most unexpected ways. Even Preston and Ella are funny together. ;D

One thing that I'm confused about though...

There's a little loophole with Dani's character. It's something that she said that made me think until the end and it wasn't made clear. I'm still confused right now... maybe I should ask the author. Hmm..

Typos and other errors:

I don't know if it's just because I was really into the story, but I wasn't able to detect any or maybe I forgot. I'll update once I re-read the retail version since I got an ARC for this.

WHAT I AM EXCITED ABOUT:

JO!!!!
She's one of the BEST best friends in fiction land. I have read more than a thousand of books in my life and I've encountered many BFFs... but I have never, never read anyone who'd be willing to fight my foes head on AND AHEAD OF ME WITH HORSE SHIT!!!

Ohmygod!! I don't want to spoil the story for anyone, but you really, really have to focus right on the very first scene. Ladies, it would give you a grand idea of what a bff should be!

Oh, and yeah, I think the next book is about her..so.. YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!

All in all:

Great book! I absolutely can't wait for the next one. :)

Should you read this? Of course!!! Now!!