RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant

Northwood

Northwood - Brian Falkner, Donovan Bixley This book is like a mixture of Howl's moving castle and Alice in wonderland.

A review copy was given to me in exchange for an honest review.

The author made this book feel like I'm really watching a movie. Imagine being away from home and just starting your own adventure in a very, very unexpected way...and please take note that she is just 10! That takes guts and a lot of luck! I appreciate the humor in the narration of the story. I also like the twist in the plot. It was something that I could never have predicted.

I love Cecilia's adventures. She's a lovely child with a big heart and a lot of wit to back it up. I like how she's never afraid of things and always plans ahead. I could relate to her so much since I am also a planner. It's just way more amazing because she's just 10. The other characters also have substance, especially the dog Rocky and the twins. I like how they made the book more colorful. The antagonists are even entertaining too!

I actually love almost everything about this book. Everything but the ending. I don't know if the author plans on having a second book. All I know is that the ending left a lot of things unanswered. It felt abrupt and I was still waiting for something else to happen. I hope there's another epilogue somewhere. :)

All in all, I still recommend it to kids and to those who are young at heart. If you would like to read an adventure of a girl and dog with flying balloons in between, give this one a chance. :)