RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant

Best Man With Benefits

Best Man With Benefits - Samanthe Beck A review copy was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

This was a very different read for me. It had that standard contemporary romance feel, but it also had that borderline erotica feel.

I would like to break down things:

Things that I liked:

>Falling for the best friend's sister plot -- Even though this plot is viewed as predictable, it's still very entertaining to me. The thrill reading about their sneak-out moments is
>The hilarity - Samanthe Beck can really make me laugh.
>The hero. I like him because he listens. I like it that he listened to people when they told him straight that he's such a workaholic. He did something about it which is very admirable.
>I got a glimpse of the other characters' lives. I was curious about them because honestly, I haven't started with this series yet. The characters are all tightly knit and they are interesting to me. I will definitely read the first few titles.
>This book is quite hot. The steamy scenes are just that. Real steamy.
>The ending is really good. The grand gesture is kind of like in a movie. It's nice, a little corny, but still heart fluttering.

The thing that I liked less:

> The heroine's internal monologues. She would go on and on about her imperfections and insecurities. Don't get me wrong, I know that a lot of women are like her when it comes to the amount og self depreciation, but it was just too much. Her self doubt at every turn made me feel frustrated as a reader. I also didn't like how she seems to have split personalities. One minute she's all shy and then it's as if there's a switch that was flipped and then she's all dominatrix. I still don't understand where that was coming from. I think her character wasn't fully explained. Anyway, she redeemed herself in the end. It only took some pushing from my least expected person. Aside from this, the book is just peachy.

All in all, this is still a hot and entertaining read. I recommend this to people who wants to read a short and feel-good romance. :)