RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant

A Vampire's Promise

A Vampire's Promise - Carla Susan Smith What did I just read?

An ARC was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

It's been a long time since I've read a vampire novel. I received a copy of this book and thought, oh well, time to get back to the PNR world. Boy, was that the worst choice.

I admit, this book could be intriguing and it certainly is hot. But to a girl who knows TWILIGHT, NEW MOON, ECLIPSE AND BREAKING DAWN like the back of her hand... man, this was a riot. The resemblance of some scenes, the familiarity of their feelings... I thought.. okay, here's one book which is like.... in a more ADULT, rated PG way.

It was annoying, how the girl wouldn't ask questions about the guy's whereabouts when they're not together. She was suspicious alright.. but it's as if she let her libido decide for her. Then there were her internal monologues. I read this book under 2 hours because I skimmed, skimmed and skimmed many internal monologues. It would have been better if they focused on the interaction of characters rather than what one character felt. It's repetitive and kind of useless to me. I didn't care about what she thought most of the time. I just wanted them to talk and interact. The best part of the story for me was when her best friend's boyfriend's wife attacked her. That was pretty original! I liked it!

The guy on the other hand was not better! I can't tell you how many times I wanted to shout out of frustration because the guy just wouldn't confess! And then the girl had to find out his secret in the most horrible way. UGH -_- Why did I even read this?

Oh and did I mention that this one ends in a cliffhanger?

Oh yeah... totally not my style.

Would I read the next book? Yes, if someone promises that there wouldn't be any hint of a resemblance with a certain series and if someone promises that there would be no cliffhanger.