RockChickFairy

Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc. -> RockChickFairy

This is a small extension of our site: http://bookaholicfairies.blogspot.com/

Fablehaven
E.B. Stevens, Brandon Mull
It
Stephen King, Steven Weber
ARIVACA: Guardians of the Light
John R Poulsen
Invisibility
Andrea Cremer, David Levithan
Deadline (Newsflesh Trilogy, #2)
Nell Geislinger, Chris Patton, Mira Grant

Mindwar

Mindwar - Andrew Klavan A review copy was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

This review can also be seen here: Musings of the Book-a-holic Fairies, inc.

Mindwar is a book that will make you think about that time that you picked up a joy stick, played a game and got lost in it for only a few hours, but felt like forever.

It will make you think of your family.

It will make you think of the friends that you have.

It will also make you think of sacrifices.

The story revolves around our hero, Rick who had a bright future ahead... until it was halted by an accident. He had it all and he just lost it... or so he thought.

He spent his next few months cooped up in a room playing video games. He scores high in every game and this caught the eye of a secret group in the government. As soon as he meets them, he gets briefed. The world is at stake. Would he take the risk and plunge into the unknown or would he let his insecurities and bitterness lead his life?

Of course he chooses to do the right thing... the exciting, exhilarating and thrilling thing. He plunges to the unknown and OH! WHAT A RIDE!

Rick experiences many new things. Things that are just products of our imagination and most definitely couldn't be real, but for a few days, it felt real to him and to me as a reader! This book is all about him discovering new things and realizing that many things are still waiting for him. The possibilities are endless so long as a person has his spirit. :)

The realm that he goes into has all sorts of obstacles for him. It's really like playing a game and trying again each time you fail until you get to the boss fight!

THE FEELING WHILE READING THIS

Excitement. That is just one word that I would say. This book has a good mixture of sci-fi, action and drama. It's really like watching a movie. I also got frustrated with Rick at some point, but he made up for it. :)

SOME THINGS LEFT UNEXPLAINED

I understand that this is the first book in a series, so there are many things that I still don't get. Rick's father's background for example, I want to know more about that. I also want to know about the two bots from the realm. Who are they really? Oh and I also want to know if Rick will choose the human girl over the bot. haha! ;)

ALL IN ALL

This is a good start for a series. It has the right feel that would appeal to gamers and to adventure and sci fi readers. I give this book a four!